So I'm sure you've been wondering about what dish I prepared for the Share Our Strength Bake Sale last month. I know it. You've been losing sleep. Well wrestle with restlessness no longer:
I made Mini Dip Bowls!
And boy, were they tasty! When I signed up this year for the bake sale I knew I was gonna go the savory route. So I scoured my extensive list of mini treats but couldn't find the perfect treat. And then it hit me. I already knew what I wanted to make. I had drooled over it many times before but never really thought to try it myself.
Picky Palate's Mini Spinach Bread Bowls. Have you seen them on her site or on Pinterest? They look so tasty and perfect and bite sized.
But I knew I couldn't just do one kind. So I took the recipe for Spinach Dip Bowls and came up with my own variations:
Mini Buffalo Chicken Dip Bowls
Mini Queso Dip Bowls
All three turned out WONDERFULLY! I wrapped them up, one of each, and made some people very happy.
Feel free to snag this recipe and come up with something new and exciting. If you do, I'd love to hear your variation!
Mini Dip Bowls
Adapted from Picky Palate
approx 20 cups
13.3 oz roll of refrigerated french bread loaf, I used Simply Pillsbury1 cup sour cream
8oz cream cheese
- 4 cups of frozen spinach, defrosted and drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tbsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp Ranch
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tbsp Buffalo wing sauce (I use Frank's Red Hot)
- salt to taste
- 10oz drained can of tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- hot sauce to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 24 mini cup pan with non stick cooking spray. Unroll package of french bread loaf and roll out slightly. Slice into 20 equal size slices, about 1/2 inch thick. Press each slice into a round. Press into the bottom and up sides of the muffin cup. Set aside.
2. Place cream cheese, sour cream, and the desired dip ingredients into a medium bowl. Mix until well combined. With a small cookie scoop, or a tbsp, scoop dip into each of the centers of bread bowls. Top evenly with more shredded cheese if you desire and bake for 15-17 minutes until just turning brown on edges. Remove and let cool for 3-5 minutes before removing from oven.
3. And enjoy these little two bite morsels of dip!
P.s. You may have left over dip. Just roll with it. Here's one suggestion: Spinach Dip Stuffed Chicken Breast.