When I asked Hailey from Naked Cupcakes to do me the honor of being my very first guest post, I never could have guessed she would have been so eager! She is a wonderful blogger, cook, cake decorator, and friend. I'm sure you'll be as excited about her recipe as I am. It's a perfect example of a recipe that only gets better when made in the muffin pan! Go check her out. You'll be glad you did!
Hi Everyone! Hailey here from Naked Cupcakes :)
How are you doing?
I am so excited to be here and have a chance to share this recipe on this AMAZING blog! I was so honoured when Amy asked if I would be willing to do a guest post for her blog; I couldn't wait to make something worthy of her muffin pan!
Amy and I first met online through our blogs and twitter, but we were lucky enough to meet in real life last August at BlogHer '11. We had a blast at the conference and taking in the best of San Diego - beaches and fish tacos! Amy was such an amazing host, and that weekend is one of my favourite memories of 2011.
But back to the food, right? You guys don't need me to gush about Amy, you already know how amazing she is!
Here is an easy and yet impressive dish that you can whip up in your handy muffin pan next time you need a quick breakfast or dessert. It is awesome for when company is over since it is already perfectly portioned when it comes out of the oven!
Using my handy Easy Cinnamon Rolls recipe as a base, I played around with different fillings until this wonderful idea popped into my head. Cream cheese and chocolate! Now that is a delicious combination. I may have wolfed down 2 as they were still warm, oops.
So please, whip these up and dive right in! And enjoy a couple while they are still warm for me, will you?
This recipe will make 12 rolls.
Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Rolls
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 - 2 tbsp milk
- Preheat your oven to 400 F and lightly grease a muffin pan
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt
- Using a cheese grater, grate the cold butter into the flour
- Stir until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs
- Make a well in the centre of the bowl and add the cold milk
- Mix until a soft shaggy dough forms, and then turn out the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead to bring it all together
- Roll out the dough into a rectangle about a foot long (or 30 cm for my fellow Canadians!)
- In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese and sugar
- Spread the cream cheese mixture along the dough, and sprinkle the chocolate chips on top
- Roll up the dough, and then cut it into 12 pieces
- Place each piece into a muffin cup
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes, or until golden brown
- Remove the rolls from the oven and let cool
- While the rolls cool, whisk together the icing sugar and milk to form the glaze
- When ready to serve, drizzle the glaze over the rolls