It's been so crumby outside.
I know I'm not stuck in miles and miles of snow like some of you out there but rain in Southern California is pretty big news. Everyone panics, the news starts to cover flooded streets, and the freeway becomes a parking lot. Its a disaster.
Oh man, I need a vacation.
My long time friend Annie is leaving on a week long ALL INCLUSIVE resort vacation on Monday.
My coworker is going on a cruise.
And my friend Betty is going off for a couple days for work.
How come everyone is going to Mexico!? I wanna go to Mexico...*pouty face*
So this recipe is for all of you in the snow and rain who want to be in Mexico right now... on a beach, wearing shades, sipping mai tais.
"I said no salt! No salt on my Mai Tai!"
I Wanna be in Mexico Cupcakes
From Disney Family Fun
1 box white cake mix
Blue food coloring
Cupcake pan with liners
Small Swedish fish (2 per cupcake)
Graham crackers or shortbread cookies
Small ziplock bag
Blue sugar crystals
Fruit Stripe gum (1 stick per cupcake)
Gumballs (1 per cupcake)
Small drink umbrellas (1 per cupcake, available at party stores)
1. Prepare the cake mix according to the cupcake directions. Add blue food coloring, drop by drop, until the batter is the desired shade of ocean water. Put liners in the cupcake pan and fill each cup two-thirds full with batter. Submerge 2 Swedish fish in each cup. Bake as directed and let the cupcakes cool.
2. Scoop half of the frosting into a bowl and add blue food coloring until the color matches the batter. Frost half of each cupcake blue (making waves if you like) and the remaining half white.
3. Crush graham crackers in the sealed ziplock bag and spread them over the white side of the cupcake to resemble sand. Spread blue sugar crystals onto the blue side of the cupcake.
4. Bend a third of a stick of Fruit Stripe gum to look like a beach chair and position it.
5. Add a gumball (as a beach ball) and an umbrella to finish your beach scene. (Depending on your container, you may want to leave the umbrellas off until you get to the beach.)
6. Go to Mexico :0)