Christmas Challenge - Day 3
My mom sent my boyfriend and I home with TWO bags of turkey and a coffee carafe filled with turkey soup. So for the last week for both lunch and dinner I've eaten nothing but turkey. Turkey sandwiches, turkey soup, turkey pot pie, just plain turkey, and more turkey sandwiches. My boyfriend loves it. He could eat cold turkey all day everyday. I can not. So this afternoon after yet another turkey sandwich, I convinced my boyfriend we needed something else for dinner. Spice things up if you know what I mean.... w/ Spicy Mexican Muffin Pan Tacos! OLA!
Muffin Pan Tacos... some people are just so darn smart!
Muffin Pan Tacos
From the Hispanic Kitchen
1 pound ground hamburger
1/2 onion, diced
1 large jalapeno, diced
3/4 cup water
taco seasoning mix (see her site for a recipe!)
12 flour tortillas
2 cups shredded cheese
Shredded lettuce and diced tomatoes for topping.
1. Preheat oven to 350f. Cook the ground hamburger thoroughly, drain and return to a clean skillet.
2. In a separate skillet, saute the diced onion and jalapeno and add it to the hamburger.
3. Blend in the seasoning and toss to coat.
4. Heat the mixture on high and add water; reduce and let simmer on med/low for about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
5. Cut 4-inch diameter circles out of the flour tortillas. A standard margarita glass is about the right size for measuring and a pizza cutter gets the job done quickly. (Bake the leftovers for extra chips.)
6. Wrap tortilla circles - 3-4 at a time - in a wet paper towel and microwave for 30 seconds to soften.
7. Mold the circles into a lightly greased muffin tin.
8. Add a layer of shredded cheese in the bottom, add about 2 tablespoons of meat mixture, then top with cheese.
9. Bake for 20 minutes. When they're done, just pop them out and add your favorite toppings!
10. Eat 6 and give 6 to your boyfriend (or girlfriend or roommate)!