Last night my boyfriend and I had a couple of great friends over for dinner, including my #1 fan "Anonymous" also known as Betty! hehe
It was a great success. Rob chopped and cleaned. I cooked and baked.
The menu was as follows:
(Provided by Ms. Fiona)
Assorted Artisan Cheeses and Crackers
(Recipe from the one and only Melissa D'Arabian)
(Also from Melissa D'Arabian)
(And today's recipe)
Note: These ingredients and directions are gonna be short and to the point. Not a whole lot of thought needs to go into these.
Cupcake batter, prepared according to box directions
chopped pineapple pieces, canned or fresh
3/4 a stick of butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1. Melt butter and sugar in microwave
2. With a spoon, evenly portion out the brown sugar mixture into the bottom of a greased 12 cup muffin pan
3. Add pieces of pineapple (about 3 or 4) to the bottom on top of the butter sugar mixture
4. Pour in cake batter. First batch I filled to the top, the second I did 2/3 of the way. The fuller one turned out better for me.
5. Bake at 400f for 15 minutes. Check on them as ovens vary.
6. Serve upside-down.. of course. AND ENJOY!
Thanks to everyone who came over last night. Good times!