Today's recipe is dedicated to my San Francisco Giants!
While yesterday was a little disappointing I have complete confidence that we have made it this far for a reason. My Giants have TALENT! And they are in it to win it!
Whats nice about this recipe is that the Giants color are also the colors traditionally associated with Halloween. Let's hear it for the orange and black!
Orange and Black Cupcakes
Recipe courtesy of Tami's Kitchen Table Talk
Ingredients for Filling:
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temp.
1/3 cup sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips
orange paste food coloring
Ingredients for Cupcake Batter:
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup water
1/3 cup oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Filling: Beat together cream cheese, egg, sugar, and salt. Add chocolate chips.
Add paste fooding coloring to make the filling light orange. Blend well
and set aside.
3. Batter: In a large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
4. Stir in water, oil, and vanilla.
5. Fill 15 cupcake liners 1/2 full with chocolate batter.
6. Drop 1 heaping teaspoon of cream cheese mix on top.
7. Bake 30 minutes. Remove to cooling racks to cool completely.
LETS HEAR IT FOR YOUR SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS!