My boyfriend and I are trying to make more of our meals at home. We enjoy eating out just a little too much. So today I'd like to feature a classic recipe with a halloween twist.
Pumpkin-Turkey Meatloaf with Cranberry Glaze
Ingredients:1 cup finely chopped onion
1 8oz package mushrooms, chopped finely
3 cloves of minced garlic
1 lb 93% lean ground turkey breast
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 egg white
1/3 cup rolled oats
1 tsp each minced fresh thyme and rosemary
Freshly ground salt and pepper
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
Cranberry Glaze1 cup fresh cranberries
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a standard 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook the onions until softened, about 8 minutes. Add the mushrooms and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes more, until vegetables are tender.
3. Add to a bowl with the turkey, pumpkin, egg white, oats, sage, salt & pepper. Toss gently to combine.
4. Divide the mixture evenly among the muffin tin. Place in the oven, bake for 20 minutes.
5. Glaze: Combine cranberries, sugar and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 10-15 minutes. Spoon onto the meatloaf muffins, and bake for another 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.